Cruise control (CC unit) is developed and approved for Avensis, Premio, Allion with 1ZZ-FE engine.
Besides, there were seccessful installation on another cars:
|1ZZ||Avensis, Allion, Premio, Wish|
|1AZ||Allion, Premio, Nadia, Voxy|
|1NZ||Allion, Corolla Fielder, Sienta|
|2ZR||Corolla Fielder, Wish|
Cruise control can work well with another cars. Write me e-mail.
It is assumed that this CC unit would be in proper operation for the same Toyota vehicles like Auris, Corola, Caldina, Vista, RAV4, Celica etc. with engines 1ZR-FAE, 1ZRE FAE, 2ZRE-FAE where typically CC is not available.
Details can be found here: Reviews.
|Power supply||9 – 18 V|
|Acceleration pedal voltage||3 V|
|Total lines (wires) to connect to automobile||6 (or 8 with joystick)|
|Speed accuracy||+/- 0,5-2 km/h (depend on landform)|
|Operating temperature range||-40 - +85 °С|
- CC unit (1 pcs)
- Wire (1 pcs)
- Fuse 0.5А (1 pcs)
- Resistors (2 pcs)
- Joystick (option) (1 pcs)
Operating principleCruise control is used to improve convenience and comfort of driving. The device allows to reduce driver tiredness by automatically maintaining the desired speed. The control of the CC unit can be carried out using the built-in buttons and brand Toyota joystick.
Cruise control is connected to the accelerator pedal without breaking the circuit, thereby allowing at any time to obtain full control over the motion (to accelerate for overtaking). Cruise control is automatically deactivated for any short press on the brake pedal (the clutch) that makes the system safe to use.
The control of the CC unit can be made either with the buttons or pluged brand joystick.
|Control by joystick||Control by buttons|
Cancel – disable CC unit (the same effect as to press brake/clutch). If there was speed set, it saved in memory and coul be recalled later (see below)
Up – If before CC unit was unabled and ther was saved speed, this speed set is activated. In CC unit active mode set speed increase by 2 km/h (but no more than 150 km/h); when long press up speed would increase continuously and when release current speed will be set to maintain
Down – If before CC unit was unabled current speed will be set to maintain and CC unit is activated. In CC unit active mode set speed decrease by 2 km/h; when long press down speed would decrease continuously and when release current speed will be set to maintain
On/Off – short press – set speed will be 78 km/h (if need CC unit will be activated). Long press (longer then 2sec) - set speed will be 60 km/h (if need CC unit will be activated)
Set – if CC unable current speed will be set to maintain and CC unit will be activated
A – short press – set speed will be 70 km/h; long press (longer then 2sec) - set speed will be 60 km/h. CC unit in any case will be activated
B – short press – set speed will be 80 km/h; long press (longer then 2sec) - set speed will be 90 km/h. CC unit in any case will be activated
LED indicates CC unit mode.
Red - Brake/clutch pedal is pressed. Green – CC unit active mode.
Setting up the Unit
Cruise control unit (firmware from January 2018) can be configured (the main settings):
- To enter program mode press and hold CANCEL for at least 7 sec then release. LED will be blinking red/green.
- To exit program mode push brake or CANCEL.
- To reset to factory settings in program mode press and hold CANCEL for at least 7 sec once again.
- To set speed for button A,B and On/Off in program mode press control for short (0.5 sec) or long (2 sec) so that current speed will be saved in non-volatile memory. For every control there are two speed settings – for short and long press.
- To set increment speed for Up/Down in program mode press short (0.5 sec) control. Increment speed can be changed by 1 in range from 1 to 5 km/h. Default setting is 2 km/h.
- Cruise control unit has three preset settings for speed control: Normal, Soft and Sport. Normal mode – optimal setting that can be suitable in most situation. Soft mode – comfort of speed control is increased, speed accuracy is slightly decreased (this mode good is for speed more 90km/h). Sport mode – dynamic – speed accuracy is increased but comfort is decreased a little (this mod is good for city, for speed up to 90 km/h). To change speed mode in program mode press long (2 sec) [Soft<->Normal<->Sport].
The CC unit is connected by the next lines(6 lines - control only by buttons, 8 lines if joystick is connected):
- Power from instrument panel (two wires)
- Acceleration pedal (two wires)
- Speed signal (one wire)
- Signal from clutch/brake pedal (one wire)
- Joystick (optional) (two wires)
Cruise-control functional test
- Without key (CC unit power ON) Red LED is ON
- ignition ON - Red LED is OFF (brake / clutch is OFF)
- ignition ON and brake or clutch is ON - Red LED is ON
- brake / clutch is OFF - Red LED is OFF
- ignition ON and brake or clutch is OFF, when press Set, On/Off (on joystick) or button А, В on CC unit Green LED is ON (if engine is running – CC unit makes engine speed go up for 1000-1200)